7 Vignettes is a 7-day styling challenge on Instagram for the first seven days of each month.
HOW TO TAKE PART
1. Each month, I publish a list of 7 themes one week in advance. To be first to get them, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
2. Each day, for 7 days, you create one vignette for that day’s theme, photograph it and share it on Instagram (please make sure your account is public or we won’t be able to see them!). For example, on the 1st of the month, create your vignette inspired by word number 1. On the 2nd of the month, your vignette should be about word 2, etc. Your vignettes don’t have to be about interiors; it’s more important that they’re creative, beautiful or fun!
You can use any camera or camera phone you wish. 7 Vignettes isn’t a photography competition and some camera phones these days are better than DSLRs, so we don’t think it’s a big deal what you take your photo with!
3. You must always use the hashtag #7vignettes and tag @interiorsaddict
4. To be in with a chance of winning, you must have completed 5 of the 7 vignettes by midnight on the 7th of the month and be an Australian resident. We welcome entries from all over the world, we just can’t send prizes outside Australia.
5. Each month, Jen or a guest judge picks a winner based on whose entries they think are the best, who receives a prize. A second entrant picked at random (who has completed at least 5 images on time) will receive another prize just for entering! So, even if you think you have no chance of winning, you do, just by taking part!
Got questions? Contact us.
What’s a vignette? Our favourite ways to simply explain it are a still life or a collection of objects. They can be, but don’t have to be, a flatlay. Here are some examples…
Throwing it back to where 7 Vignettes all began, hear what The Block judge Darren Palmer thinks of 7 Vignettes in this short video