Thanks to for today’s recipe.
125g Caster Sugar
75g Plain Flour
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and
line a 24cm x 30cm tray with baking paper.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar
and vanilla and beat with an electric beater.
- In a separate bowl, beat the
egg whites until soft peaks form and then fold into the yolk mixture.
- Add sifted flour and fold to
- Pour into pan and bake for 15
minutes (or until cooked). Remove from oven and cover with baking paper and damp tea towel. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Dust a piece of baking paper
with icing sugar and place cake on top. Spread Cookies and Cream cookie dough over the sponge and then roll tightly.
- Keep covered with baking
paper, seam side down and allow to sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before enjoying.