Perfectly warm and filling for a winter brunch treat and made easy in the , why not try this recipe this weekend?
• 2250 g peeled tomatoes, tinned
• 400 g tomato purée
• 625 g onions, finely chopped
• 1250 g red peppers, finely diced
• 50 g coriander
• 75 g garlic
• 8.5 g red chillies (adjust according to taste)
• 25 g cumin
• 30 g salt
• 6 g pepper
• 190 ml olive oil
1. Using a hand blender, purée all of the ingredients except for the onion and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion.
3. Add the pepper and cook for a further 5 min.
4. Stir in the tomato mixture, bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 min.
5. For one portion: Add 250 g of the mixture to a skillet, make 2 wells and crack an egg into each one.
6. Cover and simmer slowly until the egg whites are set (the yolks can be soft, depending on how you like them).
7. Garnish with chopped parsley.