Posted 25 October 2017
Design industry professional needed to hit the ground running with a busy Design & Build business…
provides a complete, end-to-end design service incorporating all levels of design and project management in-house. Our philosophy of “designing from the inside out” drives our talented team of building designers, interior designers, building advisory consultants, architects, draftsman, decorators, and stylists. We specialise in predominantly residential projects.
We are looking for a creative, highly capable mid-senior level Interior Designer / Interior Architect / Building Designer to join our fast-paced, dynamic and growing team.
As a member of the design services team and reporting to the Director, you will have direct responsibility for design projects from initial concept right through to design development, documentation and project administration.
– 8-10 years minimum post-graduate experience working as a Designer.
– Must be currently working in the field
– Experience in residential projects is essential. Commercial and hospitality experience will be highly regarded.
– Ability to work autonomously to a client brief and with consistent design standards.
– Ability to run multiple client projects concurrently.
– Client service driven attitude and proven ability to manage client lead projects.
– Exceptional design detailing skills, strong technical understanding and keen eye for detail.
– Project documentation skills from start to finish (Concept/Presentation, Tender, Construction & Scheduling).
– Established track record of project management skills and experience.
– Mature and articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– The position will work predominantly from our Sydney office based in Waverley, NSW, but local travel will be required to client sites so a licence and own car is essential.
Competency and experience in:
* Adobe creative suite & Microsoft Office
* AutoCAD and SketchUp or similar 3D program.
* MAC working environment
You will be joining an organisation with a passion for client service and innovative ideas, as well as a culture that values the contributions that team members make to ongoing success of the company. You will be offered a salary package commensurate to your level of experience and the nature of the role.
If this role sounds like the ideal next step in your career development, please send your resume, portfolio and a one page covering letter to . Due to the large number of applications, only those shortlisted will be ed.
Only applicants currently in Australia with citizenship or the appropriate work visa should apply. Overseas applicants will not be considered and will not receive a response to their application. Candidates proposed by recruitment agencies will not be accepted at this stage.
When and how long is this job duration
Full time – Part Time
Location of job: Waverley