Posted 18 Dec 2017
INTERIOR DESIGNER – EVENTS
Dot Dot Dash are searching for a creative and inspired Interior Designer to join their small yet very successful team! They are after someone to create and bring to life innovative event concepts and designs that seriously impress our clients and their attendees.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Taking ownership of event designs from brief to presentation with a high level of experiential creativity, on time and on budget
• Assisting with event setup on-site
• Coordinating the events team to help with interior setup at events
• Creating interior renders/illustrations for temporary spaces and sets
• Preparing floor plans and scaled drawings for build briefs
• Closely manage production with suppliers
• Bumping in and out of events on an ad-hoc basis as required (given we’re a small team, sometimes it’s a case of all hands on deck to deliver!)
Dot Dot Dash is a dynamic event agency delivering premium events to an impressive portfolio of leading brands including David Jones, Westfield Victoria Racing Club to name a few. We provide our clients with expertise in experiential design concepts, meticulous execution and event management to deliver extraordinary results.
If this sounds like you then we would be delighted to receive your application! Please ensure to send a link or sample of your creative portfolio for us to check out too.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re searching for an experienced (2+ years in an interior design role) and qualified interior designer who takes risks yet remains commercial and can work within set budgets to maximise results for the client.
Other qualities, skills and experience include:
• High level of competence in CAD and Adobe Creative Suite
• Previous experience creating visuals and presentations from briefs through to execution (ideally in an autonomous role)
• Experienced in event design, exhibition and pop-up installations etc.
• Knowledgeable of design trends and stays up to date of innovations in the industry
• True team player – happy to be hands-on and pitch in with event preparation
• Great at building and managing relationships with suppliers and clients
• Very organised and can stay on top of all admin tasks
• Strong willingness to learn new skills and broaden their experience
• Incredible attention to detail and accuracy
• Thrives under pressure and has a track-record of meeting deadlines
• Great communication skills
• Positive, up-beat, friendly attitude
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: West Melbourne