Posted 4 October 2018
are a multidisciplinary creative agency based in Alexandria, Sydney, working on a wide range of commercial interior projects locally and overseas. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic DESIGNER to join our small team on a contract base, with possibility of further employment in the future.
As the successful candidate you will have past experience working with a collaborative, creative and resourceful team. You have specialised experience in the design and construction of interior design and architectural projects.
• Collaborate with Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighbourhood, and program
• Collaborate with Project Team to develop layout(s).
• Collaborate with Design Lead to insure project design intent follows AZB brand standards and best practices
• Collaborate with Design Lead on design concept/mood and how to successfully implement from concept phase through project execution.
• Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
• Working on FF&E Sourcing Lead and Logistics to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes)
• Substantial involvement during Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to convey design intent and finalize selection of products and vendors
• Substantial involvement during Staging and Closeout Stages to insure design intent is maintained through project installation
You will be able to demonstrate:
• 3-5 years experience working in the Interior Design field.
• Hold a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
• Demonstrate sound skills in overarching concept design to design development.
• Technical knowledge and ability to developing fit out details and take the design through to documentation.
• Commercial and / or residential experience
• Ability and confidence in dealing with suppliers.
• Familiar with Australian building regulations and standards.
• InDesign and Photoshop skills.
• Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and Retail Interior Design
• A commitment to delivering outstanding service to high end clientele
• Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
• Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
• Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
• Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
• Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
• High level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
• Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, SKETCHUP, Photoshop
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD
• Knowledge in space planning a
Portfolios must be submitted for consideration
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: Alexandria, NSW