Posted 28 Nov 2017
is Australia’s largest online retailer of furniture and homewares, delivering beautiful solutions to our customers and providing daily inspiration on furniture and homewares trends.
Nestled at the corner of a converted industrial estate in the heart of Sydney’s St Peters, the Temple & Webster office is situated in an immaculately restored heritage listed beautiful art deco building.
We are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated International Furniture Buyer to further develop the Temple & Webster private label furniture collections, aligning to our brand proposition in terms of style, quality and value.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
– Working closely with the Temple & Webster Import and Category teams to understand the Temple & Webster customer
– Researching and remaining well informed regarding product and manufacturing trends, market offerings, price competitiveness and sourcing opportunities to maximize productivity in our import channels
– Managing the development, selection and sourcing of products to meet revenue, gross profit and stock turns to budget, ensuring the quality delivers outstanding customer satisfaction
– Managing close relationships with factories, sourcing and QC agents to leverage available resources and maximize the performance of all parties throughout the supply chain with a strong focus on quality, price, competitiveness and range productivity
– Product development in T&W core ranges as well as seasonal lines
– Regular overseas travel to attend trade fairs, visit factories and build relationships with key suppliers
To apply for this position please direct your letter of interest and CV to
To be successful in the role you will have:
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct furniture sourcing, preferable for Australian retail
– A thorough understanding of import supply chain processes
– A proven history with identifying and sourcing winning product for private label
– Strong relationship management skills
– Experience sourcing quality product from Asian manufacturers
– Capacity to travel overseas extensively to perform the responsibilities of the role
When and how long is this job duration
Permanent 5 days a week
Location of job: St Peters, NSW