Are you a highly capable and efficient office administrator who thrives in a small creative team environment? Is your social media feed full of home décor inspiration? Then this could be a job for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Zakkia is a Sydney based homewares brand, and now in our third year of running we are looking for a talented administration all-rounder to join our small team of three. We are in an exciting period of growth and development and this role will see you as an integral member of our small team, offering diversity and empowerment to someone who likes to work in a collaborative environment where there is a lot of scope to shape your own role.
This is a varied administrative role, where you will gain insight into all the different areas of running a small homewares brand. It is a great opportunity for you to join a growing business right from the beginning!
Customer Service & Order Management
With a passion for great service, you will be responsible for our day to day customer service and order management. This includes:
- Being the first point of for customers – answering phones and responding to customer queries both on the phone and online
- Managing orders within our eCommerce platform; invoice wholesale orders, process RMAs and order communications
- Liaising with the warehouse to coordinate and follow up deliveries and stock queries
- Coordinating couriers
- Preparing various monthly reports as needed
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation; collect and report on client feedback internally
Office Admin & Team Support
- You will be the go-to person for all administrative tasks while managing the day-to-day running of the office. As an excellent juggler of multiple priorities, you’ll be aware of almost everything that goes on in the office, and work closely with the team on a variety of projects. This includes:
- Developing processes and policies around the function of office and business support
- Being the first point of call for all office needs – ensure the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis
- Managing maintenance services as needed
- Accepting deliveries and managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Managing office material, stationery and kitchen supplies, and place orders as needed
- Managing team events and calendar, such as meetings, training, trade shows, sourcing trips (booking travel, venues, accommodation etc.)
- Setting agendas for meetings and take notes
- Data base management, filing and data entry
- Assisting our Marketing Manager with social media and website content such as blog posts
- Managing our product sample library and product loans and tracking for stylists and press features
- Assisting in eCommerce maintenance
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of trade shows and photo shoots
- Providing additional administrative support to the team (Sales, Marketing, Buying) as required
- Driving a fun, engaged and innovative office culture through events and initiatives that support our team culture
What you will bring to Zakkia: Initiative, drive, a positive attitude and the desire to take ownership of your role and be the backbone of our office.
You are comfortable in a small creative team environment where things change on a daily basis. You are a master-organiser, and derive great satisfaction in providing the support that help us achieve our team goals. You are comfortable in an admin role, and understand the value of this role within the team.
We think you:
- Are flexible and can drive and create processes in an ever changing environment
- Are a great communicator, both written and verbal
- Love people and are skilled in creative problem solving. You get a real kick out of helping people and have an appreciation for what great customer service looks like
- Are super organised with a hawk’s eye and great attention to detail
- Have 1+ years of experience in a customer service or office support/PA position, ideally in a design based industry
- Are tech savvy, with experience in using eCommerce systems and social media
- Have advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Are friendly and approachable, and place value in upholding our brand essence in everything you do
- Are great at managing time and switching between multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Have experience in providing administrative support with minimal supervision and can take initiative to manage your own day
Above all, we are looking for a compassionate, fun and caring team member with a positive outlook who will contribute to and drive our inspiring and positive work environment.
Zakkia is a Sydney based homewares and lifestyle brand.
We design and produce two homewares collections every year, with a strong focus on Scandinavian style design. Our aim is to create good quality design objects while still keeping them affordable!
We are stocked in over 300 independent retailers in Australia and overseas, and also supply some of Australia’s leading architects and designers.
We are a small, close knit creative team with a positive and collaborative team environment.
Please see or to learn more about us.
*As we are looking for someone to grow with the brand long term, we can only accept applications from candidates with full work rights in Australia. For this role we will consider juniors, graduates and part time applicants.