Posted 6 October 2017
is a Melbourne-based Interior Design Firm, launched in 2015 with a core design business in Residential Interior Design services and International Interior Design Tours. The International Design Tours to North America and Japan, specialise in design, art, and architecture.
If you would like to be a part of a small and dynamic team…
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing & Public Relations to join our team for 1 or 2 day a week in a casual contract role. Reporting directly to the Principal Designer, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and continuing to evolve the Belson Design marketing plan – focusing on International Design Tour Sales. This includes the management, development, and delivery of all PR, marketing, and communication. The role also requires you to continuously liaise with internal and external parties to ensure the appropriate projection of the brand.
What you will do day to day:
• Oversee all Public Relations activity, including pitches.
• Proactively building and maintaining strategic media relationships with print and digital publications, broadcast media and other key influencers.
• Developing PR & Marketing communication plans including strategy, goals, and tactics that engage and deliver to Belson Design’s target consumers.
• Creating communication contents. e.g. media kit, press release, video, etc.
• Managing Belson Design social media platforms.
• Identify new opportunities e.g. social media influencers, media, social events, etc. to generate and maximise brand awareness for the Design Tours.
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting consumers and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy.
• Driving content development and strategically building events to drive coverage.
What we are looking for:
• A bachelor’s degree (minimum) in journalism, PR, communications, business, or related field required.
• Availability to work 1 or 2 days a week – ongoing.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Self-motivated with an excellent work ethic and attitude
• Strong influencing and negotiating ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, Shopify, Instagram, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
• Experience in Mailchimp and Weebly.
• Existing relationships with journalists, social media influencers preferred.
• Experience in successfully pitching and writing media including letters to editors.
What’s in it for you:
• Flexible working environment
• Travel on International Interior Design Tours
• Positive and collaborative working environment
If you are passionate about achieving success and have industry experience or an amazing recent graduate and looking for 1 or 2 days a week then we would love to hear from you.
In your Cover Letter, please include your qualifications and outline why you will be an asset for the role. Apply online today! email your Resume and Cover Letter.
When and how long is this job duration
1 – 2 days a week
Location of job: Malvern