Posted 13 May 2017
are seeking a full time retail sales and administration person to join our bespoke handcrafted textile business. We are looking for someone who is passionate about design, interiors and textiles as well as delivering the highest levels of customer service to our rapidly growing clientele in our beautiful heritage Paddington store.
Founded in 2012, Utopia Goods is built on our vision of beautiful fabrics, high quality goods and conceptual Antipodean research, which forms the basis of all our unique hardware. We produce limited edition handcrafted accessories, home furnishings and quality interior fabrics. Our textiles are designed in Sydney, and made on 100% linen of the highest quality. We hold the highest esteem for work that is crafted by hand and built on a strong personal ethos and we are on the hunt for a dynamic and dedicated candidate who shares this philosophy.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, self-motivated, sales focused and driven by a desire to provide an exceptional customer service experience to our wide ranging clientele. There is the potential to assist on wholesale and trade accounts.
This role will see the candidate working alongside the director as a 2IC. There is a strong level of autonomy in the position and an exciting opportunity to develop a professional career within the design industry and grow within the business.
• Full time position, with potential Saturday work if required
• Minimum 3 years retail experience
• Exceptional customer service skills
• A love and appreciation of design, interiors, fabric, colour and pattern
• Outstanding verbal and written skills in order to liaise with high end clients via phone, email and face-to-face
• Incredible attention to detail and care with product and processes
• Computer proficiency including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, managing databases and inventory software
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
• Right to live and work in Australia
Knowledge of Adobe Suite and an experience in textile design would be highly regarded but not essential.
When and how long is this job duration
5 days per week
Location of job: Paddington