Posted 12 Sept 2017
is Australia’s largest Mexican chain with over 160 restaurants here and overseas. We move at lightning speed and will continue to do so opening 40+ restaurants this year in Australia alone.
We are on a mission to make a difference. A big difference. Not only do we serve fresh, delicious Mexican food, we are doing our bit to end world hunger through our Plate 4 Plate initiative. By 2025, our goal is to donate one billion meals. That’s right, one BILLION meals. And in order to achieve this, our restaurants need to look the part. That’s where our Design team comes in.
We’re not like other organisations, we’re different and we are proud of that. We have a No D***head Policy and a culture that we challenge you to find anywhere else – one of mutual respect, collaboration, hard work and high performance.
• Do you have a creative eye?
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
• Do you have strong attention to detail?
If you answered ‘YES!’ to these questions, then you could be perfect for us!
About this Position – Senior Interior Designer
Reporting to the Head of Building and Design, you will join a dedicated and talented Design and Project Management team.
We are looking for an absolute superstar to assist in the design of our restaurant fitouts and manage the Interior Design team in designing, project planning, budgeting and implementing Zambrero restaurant fit outs while ensuring all elements within restaurant builds are met and comply with the standards of each client’s expectations.
The responsibilities will include:
• Designing and documenting projects and interior design factors using Revit, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Assessing and approving material requirements and costs for each project
• Delivering tenders and construction drawings within specified time frames
• Selecting, designing and purchasing furnishing, art works and accessories
• Sourcing materials and finishes for design creation
• Constructing briefs and liaising with clients to ensure design requirements are met
• Undertaking site surveys and space planning
• Developing short and long-term plans and budgets for the completion of design projects
• Stakeholder management
• Managing the Interior Design team and their projects
What can this role offer you? You will work with a tight-knit, experienced team of professionals (inside and outside of the Design Team) and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of development opportunities if you want them.
We are not a traditional business, so we don’t want traditional people.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!
Above all, we are looking for someone who gets stuff done. We can’t stress enough; this is a fast paced role and you need to move quickly to be able to keep up.
This person will:
• Have completed a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Interior Design or similar qualification
• Have experience using Autodesk Revit Architecture
• Be familiar with AutoCAD Architecture and SketchUp programs and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
• Be client and customer focused – Franchise partners are our clients and everything we do is done with them and our customers in mind.
• Give up their seat for a customer – this is how much we care about the experience they have at one of our restaurants
• Be a people person and be able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Be a great multi-tasker
• Be organised and able to manage your own workload
• Be creative
• Be a team player
• Be energetic and passionate – we move at an incredible pace and we need you to be able to keep up
• Be confident with stakeholder management
• Use your skills, common sense and initiative
• Share our humanitarian values and be passionate about making a difference in the world
• Not be a d***head – please refer to above policy
• Be proactive and embrace change
We are looking for someone with 3+ years’ experience in a similar role. Franchise experience would be great, but not a must, however experience in the Hospitality or Retail Industry is essential.
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: Surry Hills