Posted 7 Nov 2017
has over 50 years of quality and innovation bringing the latest sink and tapware designs and technology to Australia. Renowned for their focus on quality and innovation Abey Products are held in the highest regard.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Sydney Showroom team in Waterloo, NSW in a consultant position. This position is permanent part time.
Hours of work Tuesday – Friday will be 830am – 4pm and Saturdays will be 10am – 4pm. Days are flexible for the right candidate but Saturdays are fixed.
About the Role:
As a member of the Showroom team and reporting to the Showroom and State Managers, the successful candidate will be required to maintain the up keep of the showroom furniture and displays, directing prospective clients (including A & D) to our specialised merchants. They are to welcome consumer and commercial visitors, guiding their use of the showroom. They are to assist with all general and project related enquiries and influence the sale of the company’s products whilst delivering a high level of presentation and customer service.
What your new role will involve:
– General housekeeping of show room
– Replenish Brochure and promotional products as required
– Manage merchant referrals in a professional and courteous manner
– Customer liaison – Assisting showroom visitors in product selection and general product enquiries
– Ensure that displays and furniture are maintained and well presented in conjunction with the Showroom Manager’s guidelines.
– To provide and follow up on customer quotations.
– Cooking demonstrations as required.
– Assist with the coordination of architectural/interior design training and events.
– Assist the retail team where necessary as directed by management including but not limited to referrals and customer training events.
– Other duties as directed by management.
What you will need:
– Strong customer service focus
– Sound verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organisational and time management skills
– High attention to detail
– Flexibility and multi-tasking ability
– Strong work ethics with high standards.
– Ability to work autonomously and as well as being part of a small close-knit team.
– Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, Power point, Outlook)
– Basic Adobe Creative Suite Skills.
Prior experience in a sales, customer service or design role would be advantageous. A background in showroom sales or interior design will be highly regarded.
When and how long is this job duration
4-5 days per week
Location of job: Waterloo