About the business and the role
The PR and Brand Marketing Assistant will be responsible for playing a key role in generating positive editorial coverage for each of the brands (west elm, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and Williams-Sonoma), together with maintaining a high functioning press office, facilitating loans, image library and requests, reporting, reviewing and driving opportunities. Additionally this role will support the Brand Marketing function, generating content, facilitating influencer relationships, supporting events (in store + media). This role is highly-collaborative, deadline-driven and ideal for a fast-moving lateral thinker who thrives on challenges and loves interiors.
This role is for a strategic-thinker, a driven and enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated, capable and reliable. An ability to excel unsupervised, as well as collaboratively with the team is looked upon favourably.
With exemplary time management skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to problem solve on your feet, the PR and Brand Marketing Assistant plays a vital role within the team offering flexible support while achieving set KPIs.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Work with internal teams to proactively identify opportunities
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in Marketing and actively engages in Marketing initiatives and activities to stretch and advance knowledge.
- Shares and exchanges expertise in PR & Marketing with peers and retail teams.
- Proactively resolves problems, identifying issues and escalating as required.
- Works with their manager to develop a self-development plan to ensure continual professional development
- Assist in ideation for media launches, pitches and editorial generation
- Project management – in store events and store anniversaries
- Build strong relationships with media, editors and stylists
- Social media – content generation, influencer outreach, idea generation
- Manage media database
- Create and implement PR activities to support new season launches, activations, events etc – including packing media kits and samples etc
- Monitor media coverage reporting for all brands and provide reporting to US teams weekly + monthly
- Monitor competitor activity
- Manage product loan process for stylists, editors and influencers
- Upload images to library + distribute images as requested
- Administrative duties including budget, invoices, filtering enquiries, sourcing etc
- Ensure compliance with required training courses, including regulatory compliance courses and mandatory company courses
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelors Degree required – Communications, Marketing or Journalism preferred
- 1-2 years of PR/social experience in retail environment preferred, but not essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of how PR + Brand Marketing contributes to brand development
- High-level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability and confidence to build relationships
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills
- Able to work independently and take responsibility and ownership of projects and tasks
- Excellent writing skills
- Adaptable, flexible and self-motivated
- High level of PC literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Creative, smart, innovative and autonomous – a naturally collaborative team player
- Immaculate presentation
- A strong work ethic – deadline driven, organised, ability to work with sense of urgency
- Genuine interest and demonstrated knowledge of interiors and retail
- Willingness to travel as required
- Strong customer service mentality
- Able to be flexible with working hours, including working outside of traditional working hours where required
This role is a full time permanent opportunity, so only those that hold permanent Australian work rights eligibility will be considered for this position.
Job benefits and perks
The Williams-Sonoma corporate office is conveniently located adjacent to the Bondi Junction train and bus interchange and across the road from Bondi Junction Westfield shopping centre. The successful applicant will be eligible to participate in our generous Associate Discount program which provides discounted purchases on products in the Williams-Sonoma family of brands which include west elm, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and Williams-Sonoma.
Lexi Kentmann, Director — PR and Brand Marketing:
Closing date: 2 September 2016.