Zakkia is a Sydney based homewares brand, and now in our third year of running we are looking for a Wholesale Sales Manager to join our small team.With a passion for sales, you will come onboard as our fifth team member, and will be responsible for developing, managing and executing our sales strategy.
Acting as our in-house sales agent, you will service and build accounts across Australia, New Zealand and Asia, to ensure our brand is well represented in the independent retail market.
We’re lucky to have an amazing community of customers and stockists, and you will be working closely with our small team in a creative office space.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Wholesale Sales Manager to join a growing homewares brand!
As our Wholesale Sales Manager you will be responsible for the sales and growth of our brand. You will form strong relationships with our customers and will always be on the lookout for new stores to work with and ways to expand your current stores’ buying. You will create and drive sales strategies to achieve targets and KPI’s, and together with our Buyer and wider team you will use your customer insights to plan future collections.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the wider team to develop and implement strategies to increase sales and grow revenue and market share
- Develop sales strategy, including setting annual and seasonal sales targets and budgets and plan initiatives to achieve these
- Sell each season to achieve set seasonal budgets and KPI’s
- Growing our market-share in Asia and the Middle East
- Manage our international Sales Agents
- Building and maintaining strong long-term relationships with our existing customers
- Managing our wholesale CRM and reporting
- Identifying new business opportunities and appropriate brand placement and pursue these
- Manage exclusivity and wholesale account matters
- Collect and report on client feedback internally
- Build and manage sales reports, analyse reports and prepare accurate forecasting
This is a new role within Zakkia, and as such you will be responsible for creating a lot of new sales related strategy and processes that previously did not exist. This excites you, you are driven by the opportunity to set your ‘department’ up from scratch and create your own role, and get a kick out of organising our own work and creating new systems and processes.
You might currently be working as a wholesale manager for a label or with an agency. You’re looking for a challenge, variety and the opportunity to work in a growing business.
We think you:
- Are self-motivated and capable of taking on this role independently to drive the development of new sales and retention strategies
- Have the confidence and experience to generate new business and market the label to retailers on both a local and international scale
- Have a thorough understanding of the Australian homewares industry and a strong level of brand awareness in the market place
- Are super organised and able to work towards deadlines
- Possess fantastic written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to connect with the customer to build long term relationships
- Have experience in maintaining and servicing a sales territory with a strong sales track record
- Have wholesale sales experience
- Are comfortable in using eCommerce/sales software and Excel on a daily basis
- Have an exceptional customer focus and a passion for sales and business development
- Are friendly and approachable, and place value in upholding our brand essence in everything you do
- Are happy working autonomously within a small supportive team
- Have a positive outlook and use initiative to think and work independently
- Travel is a component of this role, so the ability to work efficiently and autonomously while out of the office is important
Zakkia is a Sydney based homewares and lifestyle brand. We design and produce two homewares collections every year. We work with natural materials and clean simple shapes, and most of our products hand made by our production partners in Vietnam. We are stocked in over 350 independent retailers in Australia and internationally, and also supply some of Australia’s leading architects and designers. We are a small, close knit creative team with a positive and collaborative team environment. Please see our website or Instagram feed to learn more about us.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Sara Lundgren:.com.au